New to the Site? Click Here for a Primer!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The "NEXT Evolution" of The Land of Obscusion Comes This June 4-6!

Manga May is over, but Con Season is only just starting!  Anime Boston was an awesome experience, but it's time for me to "come home" and be a part of my local con: AnimeNEXT!


Last year AnimeNEXT was home to my very first attempt at doing a panel, and it was a success in the way of execution, but I did have a modest turnout when all was said & done.  This year, though, I'll be back with a vengeance with the three panels I did at Anime Boston, but with some alterations here & there for the most part.  Here's where you can find me:

Anime Pilots & Precursors
[Friday, 3:00-4:00 PM, Panel 4 Westfield]

This panel had a fair turnout at AB, but I'm not one to simply rest on my laurels & use the same exact clips when there's plenty of other pilots & "precursors" to show off!  Expect a completely different line-up, or at least a different cast in the case of one pilot.  What could I choose from?  Well, if you're in the Somerset, NJ area come on in & find out!

A Visual History of Weekly Shonen Jump: Obscurities & Oddities
[Saturday, 5:00-6:00 PM, Panel 1 Ballroom East]

At AB I did a "proof-of-concept" version of this panel & outside of one or two mistakes on my end (I lost my notes, but getting ~94% memorized is still great) the panel worked as well as I had hoped.  Well, at AnimeNEXT we have a theme: Obscurities & Oddities.  That's right, there won't be any Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fist of the North Star, or Yu Yu Hakusho in this panel; instead we'll be looking at the "other" titles that backed up those mega-hits in the magazine.  Plus, I'm adding in the downright "weird" titles that have appeared in the pages of Jump, so I'll still be squeezing in a more-recognized title here & there mainly because weird is awesome!  I have 30 titles to talk about, so if you want to expand your knowledge of Shonen Jump & learn about the stuff that ran alongside the legends, then check it out!  I'll be in a ballroom, so there's plenty of space.

The Burning Blood Animes of Masami Kurumada
[Saturday, 6:00-7:00 PM, Panel 3 Bridgewater]

The panel I made my panelist debut with is back, better than ever!  Due to the nearly non-existent turnout I had at AB for this panel, I'll be doing the same thing for the most part at AnimeNEXT...  But that's okay, because I have an excellent time slot to work with.  The con is also making sure I get my cardio in for the day by putting it right after my Jump panel, and on a different floor, to boot!  I've subbed the clips that didn't have subs to start with, & I've been told that it's an understandable translation, so if you want to heckle my subbing abilities then go ahead & do so, too.

I've always had fun at AnimeNEXT and I hope any of you, my dear readers, who will be in the neighborhood will check me out if possible this upcoming weekend.  Time to get ready!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing your panels to our happy little con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving a local Central Jersey yokel like me a chance to share some info with others.

      Delete